Thursday, January 22, 2009

2X4 ... Snow!








Snow










Theme Thursday's challenge this week is to try out a new size. 2X4's ..... I think it's a great proportion. I really love the elongated shaped as a change from the atc size which is more boxy.

I made this piece using a Christmas card from a friend ... inside the card, she mentioned that the image was so cute and was just begging to be made into something fun. I roughed it up a little bit with fine grade sandpaper. Stamped "snow!" Adhered vintage silver tinsel and added black photo corners. Oh - and also an old button.

Thanks for looking - your comments are always appreciated :)

17 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Gorgeous.

Connie said...

Lovely 2x4!!!

K said...

gorgeous! love the black-white-gray tones!

Char said...

What a great idea the tinsel is. Fabulous.

Jendy said...

Great re-use of the the card - this is perfect!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is adorable! Love the tinsel - it's the perfect touch.

Buffy said...

What a great way to recycle a card. This is adorable. I love the tinsel.

Faye said...

It's adorable! I love the look on the little girl's face as she pulls that sled.

~*~Patty S said...

Hi Kimmie ~ I haven't done this swap yet, I'm running a little behind with OWOH and all :)
The gray tones and trim are so excellent in this creation, can't wait to try a 2x4 :)

Odd Chick said...

I wish we had some snow here!! I love the old black and white antique look!

Anonymous said...

Love the retro silver tinsel. This new size was perfect for that Christmas card. The image gives a fun perspective of all the snow we are digging out of. Excellent work, as always.

Femmy said...

great!! love B&W!!

SueHart said...

What a stunning image. Love how you've re-used and made it into something so lovely. x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

*jean* said...

wonderful, kimmie! you really created a lovely 2 x 4!!

Elizabeth said...

wonderful -- and I love the picture of you all grown up -- you look the same!

Susie Dally said...

What a cutie-I will have to get on to mine!