Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Simple Gifts

I enjoyed a special date with my dear old Dad today. After a simple lunch of clam chowder and his darling wife's special homemade Sauerbraten, we went to his local art supply store. Any time I go anywhere with my Dad, they all know him by name. It's really fun to watch him bring sunshine with him as he just walks through the door of a place. He's funny too. The sales lady knows him as Rich - her name is June - but he calls her Junebug - and then he said, "Junebug, today my name is Jose. Jose Jose." What a nut. 

Anyway, he said to me, "What do you want? You can have anything at all." Of course I "needed" beeswax and "wanted" paper - and he got me both. Simple gifts and a lovely lovely time.

7 comments:

Christy said...

How fun! I am a daddy's girl, so I can understand how you must of enjoyed your little date. Of course the little, simple gifts are a nice too, because when you use them you will remember those moments with dad.

~*~Patty S said...

How very sweet, you are so lucky to have your Dad and to get to spend precious time with him. He sounds so delightful!

Jane said...

What a special time for you both. xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*jean* said...

i was a daddy girl too...i treasure my memories of horses and pinecone gathering, sail boat uprighting and ge-dunks at the dairy queen...

sounds like a sweet & special day....

ELK said...

this post touched my heart ~ simple moments of life are gems !

Elizabeth said...

How beautiful! Surely a memory to last -- it's those small ones that do.