Saturday, July 7, 2012

a cool class


Are you familiar with River Garden Studio?
Will you be in the Puget Sound area?
Near Camano Island?
On July 20-21?

she's an amazing artist from Oregon and will be up this way teaching a class:


"... we will explore the art of design, composition and layering with Roxanne's cache of papers, metal bits and ephemera.  We will connect, stitch, wire, collage, tie, wrap, hang, dangle, construct and weave all in your own Artist Book.  Please join Roxanne on this artistic journey of creativity while we immerse ourselves in the process of making a book that is filled with art that reflects each of you, your memory, your life and your dreams."



Sadly, I cannot go
:(

How I would love to meet Roxanne 
- if you know and follow her blog, you will know what a privilege this is - 
a truly rare opportunity

11 comments:

Rita said...

I adore what I see and will check out her blog. Too bad you can't go. Thanks for sharing information about her, though. :)

Sue said...

Thanks for the intro to Roxannes blog....I like her take on things:)

Neesie said...

I'm afraid I can't make it, but I'll certainly check out her blog.
Thanks for sharing Kimmie.
Hope you had a great weekend and are ready for another fun packed week!

rivergardenstudio said...

Dear Kimmie, thank you so much for this wonderful "newsflash" about my class! You have done such a beautiful job here. Maybe you can just stop by for a quick visit and see what we are up too?
I'll work on getting you the newsletter right away. (I thought I did it!)
Sounds like you are really busy... your photo's of the Fourth are beautiful and your sun tea photographs are gorgeous the way the grass is reflected in the glass jar.
Happy Sunday to you...
and thanks again,
roxanne

Carola Zajdman said...

I wish iwas there to enjoy the master class !!

Dianne said...

I'm sorry you can't go! But I'm sure you'll create something beautiful anyway!

Gayle Price said...

You have to go !! It looks amazing, I so wish I could attend, but you are my next best bet lol :)))). her work looks beautiful and right up my alley. Think I will go visit her site. xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like it will be a wonderful class. Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend. You sure found a haul of sea glass. We just returned from Sri Lanka -- visited the beach at Bentota -- not a shard of glass, hardly any shells. Lots of jellyfish which I did not want to take home. :) Have a great week. Tammy

Kim Henkel Creations said...

I LOVE Roxanne's work, and too wish I could attend, but it is too far away... oh well I find I often get inspiration from an artist just by looking at there work...it of course doesn't look like what they create, but I love getting inspiration that way.

Anonymous said...

She is amazing and her work is lush with beauty. Thanks for sharing. xox

~*~Patty S said...

Roxanne is so talented...anyone taking a class from her is very lucky indeed...shame it's 3,000 miles away or I would be there!
oxo