Saturday, June 15, 2013

out on the town

... what a fun afternoon ...
we got to see the live performance of Prairie Home Companion
(at Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville)
did you listen to it on NPR today?
I love this radio show and have listened in since the early 80's
it's been on air since 1974
... watched it live with my darling - the kids were at home listening on the radio ...
so cool!

Garrison giving us the news from Lake Wobegon

Fred Newman, Tim Russell, and Sue Scott performing Guy Noir Private Eye

on stage


6 comments:

Ms. said...

Just swell--and of course I listened as I always do when I'm home...been a fan for decades, and saw it live once in NYC. My plans were canceled for today when I woke ill, nothing serious but a ticket wasted and lost sunshine. Tomorrow is another day.

amy of studio four corners said...

how fun...haven't listened in a while but made it a regular part of my Saturday with friends in the late 70's/early 80's...I bet seeing it live was wonderful...

Elizabeth said...

Sounds really fun!

Halle said...

Fun! I've listened on NPR but never seen a performance.

Jill said...

I didn't know he still performed live. I can relate to so much he talks about. I had a set of his shows on tape once but have no idea what I did with them. That's neat that you got to go to a show.

~*~Patty S said...

this would have been a dream for me...Love NPR and PHC...you lucky girl!

I am enjoying playing catchup with you...
missed lots when we were out of the country
oxo