Saturday, November 2, 2013

early november

the last of the autumn leaves are blowing off the trees today
here's one I caught in mid-air 
(look in the upper right)


 they're all caught in the vegetable patch


it seems like a good day to be at my work desk


I'm still making things with my grandmother's tattered quilt
(see earlier post here)


these are brooches for my Etsy shop made with glass and soldered copper


***
I've been a missing in action blogger - birthdays,  school conferences, band concerts, halloween
we all slept in this morning and most of us are still in our jammies
and the candy isn't helping
(I have a pile of snicker bars keeping me company as I type this)
hoping for a boring week ahead 
:)



10 comments:

Ms. said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS...YOUR VEGETABLE GARDEN, abd the new rain sparered banner...the brooches are charming...'Human Being' would be so useful to wear on my hat now that I'm limping around this City...help to remind others of the fragility we share....:=> Lovely work as always.

Halle said...

I love what you are doing with the quilt leftovers. I almost choked on my Hershey bar when I read that you had Snickers keeping you company. :)

Gayle Price said...

I'm glad you have been missing in action...so have I. Seems like a long time since I last visited but, having said that it still feels a little like "coming home". Always when I come by I am greeted with a sort of "homely beauty", that makes feel very happy and comfortable. Your little frames are beautiful as are those gorgeous Autumn images, my favourite season. We're heading into summer here and I'm not looking forward to it all.Oh, and I love "jammie" days ! xx

Yvonne said...

Love the new image on your heaader. Taken with your new camera (phone)??? Love seeing the autumn leaf colors, as we don't get that color change much here. I love autumn and woke up to 55 degrees this morning. Yay! Enjoy your week.

amy of studio four corners said...

quite the windy weather yesterday...yes, almost all of the leaves are off the trees here too...I love the continuation of the use of grandma's quilt...perfect words of wisdom on each piece...

Anonymous said...

Sweet broaches, what a lovely idea to use parts of the quilt. Grandmother would love that you are passing along I suspect. xox

Jill said...

Here's to a boring week! I'm a fan of boring too. I think what you are doing with your grandmother's quilt is wonderful.

Gberger said...

What a wonderful thing to do with your grandmother's quilt!

~*~Patty S said...

OH what perfectly lovely creations from precious quilt pieces Kimmie ♥

Happy Autumn weekend to you...

oxo

Linda Vincent said...

Love the way you captured that leaf...
And I really like the edging round the cute brooches....do you solder that yourself Kim?